VIA Rail Canada Inc., Canada's national passenger rail service, is currently seeking candidates to fill 4 Passenger car cleaners (general workers) positions to work at it's Montreal Maintenance Center in Pointe St-Charles.
As a General Worker, you will be responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of passenger railway cars, vacuuming and washing carpets, wiping tables and chairs, changing direction of seats, cleaning washrooms, cleaning windows (interior & exterior), draining and filling potable water reservoirs, draining waste water retention reservoirs. You must be able to work outdoors.
The positions are permanent 40 hours per week and the work schedule may vary (day, evening, night, week-end and holidays).
Hourly salary: $25.07/H
Evening shift differential: $0.75/H
Night shift differential: $1.00/H
• Possess a High School Diploma
• Professional or technical diploma in: Electricity, Electrical Engineering, Diesel Mechanics,Mechanics, Tinning, Pipe fitting or Welding (asset)
• Possess a valid driver's license
• Possess at least one year of experience as a cleaner
• Be flexible regarding work schedules
• Possess the physial capacity to do the job
• Be quality and results oriented
• Able to work in a team
• Capable of lifting weights ranging up to 23kg (50 lb)
• Possess mechanical aptitudes
If you feel that this position is for you and fits your skills, please manifest your interest by applying online on our Web site under the « careers » section at: http://www.viarail.ca/careers